1. Personal information is important.
Technical Workshops is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, Technical Workshops will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
2. Collecting personal information.
Technical Workshops will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily.
When a product is being booked in for repair, personal information may be requested, (such as name and address), in order to service the equipment, provide upgrades and advise of other services which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information, however, failure to do so may result in Technical Workshops being unable to service your products and/or provide certain after sales services.
Our policy for collecting personal information from children under the age of
13 is to seek the permission of a parent or guardian for the collection of this information.
3. Using and disclosing your personal information
Personal Information will be used for the following primary purpose:
– To fulfil obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between the individual and Technical Workshops.
– To render services related to business such as warranty or after sales services.
– To provide information about our services and/or special offers.
– To obtain opinions or comments about our services.
– To record statistical data for internal analysis.
For the purpose described above, information may be shared with our service partners either in Australia or overseas.
Technical Workshops recognises the trust with which individuals provide personal information, and such information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent, except in exceptional cases when disclosure may be required by law, or is necessary to protect the rights or property of Technical Workshops, or any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
4. Contact by Technical Workshops
Technical Workshops may contact individuals using the information which was provided by them in order to:
– Render services related to business such as warranty or after sales services.
– To send newsletters.
– Technical Workshops does not send advertising information without obtaining prior consent.
6. Individual’s right of access
Individuals have the right to review the information that may be recorded on our database.
7. Changing and deleting the information we have about you
Information contained on the database may be amended by contacting Technical Workshops during our normal business hours. In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Technical Workshops being unable to provide certain services.
8. Storage and security of personal information
Technical Workshops will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded and to keep this information accurate and up to date.
All data retrieved from a client’s media , (including hard drives, disks and other storage devices), will be erased or disposed of responsibly. Data will only be copied or backed up at the clients request or, if necessary, to effectively carry out a repair or perform a requested task.
9. Technical Workshops and links to other web sites
Technical Workshops provides links to web sites outside of the Technical Workshops site. These linked sites are not under our control and Technical Workshops is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our web site, nor for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites.